- For use before school, recess and lunch times.
- No food/drink to be taken onto top oval.
- Major ball games can be played here – soccer, touch footy etc. (Yr 6 only area at top)
- No tackling or grabbing games allowed.
- Out of Bounds areas: behind, on, under or between buildings, behind cricket nets.
- Teachers only to retrieve balls outside school grounds if safe.
- Handball courts at lower end of oval can be used at any time, including before school.
- Handball courts near bus shelter are to be used at recess and lunchtime only, not before.
- Table tennis tables (Yrs 3-6 only) are to be used fairly and shared with others .
- Bus Shelter is a sitting area only.
- Mini golf is a shared space to be used respectfully.
- For use before school, recess and lunch times. No balls or running allowed before school
- Eating is permitted on big steps only while seated. Rubbish in bins!
- Lunch baskets placed at ends of steps, to avoid tripping.
- Running games allowed e.g. netball/ basketball/Pacman etc. at recess and lunch.
- No running at any time if top oval closed. Flag grass open at these times.
- No footballs allowed/ no kicking balls.
- Collection of pole and changing of goals must only be done by duty teacher.
Covered outdoor learning area (COLA)
- For use before school, recess and lunch times. No balls allowed before or after school.
- Eating allowed in this area, while seated.
- Walking only on concrete.
- Only small balls allowed at recess and lunch.
- Stairwells steps Kindy rooms must be kept clear at all times.
- Passive play area in mornings only from 8.40am. No balls.
- No food/drinks to be taken onto this grass area, except Yr 6 in Term 4.
- No walking on flower beds or climbing trees.
- Open for passive play when top oval closed.
- Term 4: Yr 6 area for sitting and talking at lunch and recess. Eating allowed here.
- For use at recess and lunch times.
- Passive play area – for sitting, talking, reading, use of chess squares, hopscotch.
- No running or ball games.
- Eating allowed in this area, while seated.
- Out of bounds areas: Grassed area, vegetable gardens and paths beyond fence.
- Students are not to sit or play on stairwell steps or verandahs.
- Verandahs may be used during ‘Undercover wet weather or extreme heat’ times.
- Students going to lower oval wait for teacher along each end of pathway near demountables. Red striped area near access path must remain clear.
- Teachers to monitor bathrooms on path to lower oval.
- To be used by students at recess & lunch, then looked after by S3 nominated students.
- Toys to be played with appropriately.
- No throwing or moving sand outside sandpit.
- Sandpits to be cleared and packed up 5 mins before bell.
- Water play in Terms 1 and 4.
- Gates to carpark to be closed at all times.
- Small group supported social play for invited students and friends. Teacher to mark roll.
- Cooperative Games booklet and equipment stored in garden shed.
- Equipment to be packed up 5 minutes before bell.
- For use at recess and lunch times. Only K-1 (and buddies) until about Week 4, Term 1.
- Teachers to check driveway gate is shut.
- No food to be taken onto lower oval.
- Out of bounds area: steep hill to fence bordered by trees and silver seats; behind and under demountables.
- No sitting on railings above tunnel.
- No standing on front of boat or climbing over windscreen.
- Tennis balls/footballs are permitted. Kicking games for K-1 students only.
- Maximum of 30 students inside area at one time (Mon, Wed, Fri 1-2 Tues Thurs 3-6)
- Teacher to stand at entry gate to supervise entry and monkey bars.
- Monkey Bars: Yrs 1-6 students only. Students must be able to have both feet on the platform when holding bars and use each rung. Close teacher supervision required.
- No running on soft fall area.
- Sandpit rules as above.
- Alternative passive play area during undercover or extreme heat times.
- Stage area and hall toilets are out of bounds.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Students MUST wear a hat in all areas at all times.
- All students without hats are to play under cover outside library or under COLA.
- Canteen: students not permitted to go to canteen until after eating time.
- Eating areas: students are to sit down to eat, lunch boxes in baskets and rubbish in bins before teacher dismissal
- Duty Teachers
- to supervise students in picking up rubbish in each area
- to wear ‘high vis’ vests and carry bum bag
- to walk around whole area to supervise students, except equipment teacher.
- Students are not allowed in classrooms before school, recess and lunch.
- When ‘Wet Weather’ called while playing: students are to walk to classrooms.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to https://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.