Oakhill Drive Public School - A Positive Education School logo

Oakhill Drive Public School - A Positive Education School

Oakhill Drive Public School - A Positive Education School

Teaching Respect, Responsibility and Resilience

Telephone02 9634 1033



Online Enrolments

Oakhill Drive Public School prides itself on delivering outstanding educational programs. At our school, students learn in a stimulating and challenging environment and are encouraged to reach their full potential. 

At Oakhill Drive, we provide enrichment and extension programs for our Gifted and Talented students. Our school also provides specialised support for students with difficulties in learning. 

Strong academic programs, highly dedicated professional teachers coupled with excellent facilities and resources, offer your child the very best opportunity for success.

Looking at Kindergarten enrolments?  View our Kindergarten Transition page here. 

Watch our ODPS orientation video (titled Kindergrten Transition) where two kindergarten students take you on a tour of the school and explain what a day in kindergarten is like. Click here to view.

Register for school tours and Kindergarten 2025 Information night by scanning the QR code below. 

You can also register by clicking on the link below:

2025 Kindergarten Information Night and School Tours.

Managing Enrolments at Oakhill Drive PS

Local Enrolments:

A local enrolment is a student whose permanent residence is situated within the designated local area. Please refer to the Department of Education School Finder tool located at: https://education.nsw.gov.au/school-finder. A list of streets within the school boundary are available here for your convenience.

Enrolment Applications:

Parents may seek to enrol their child directly at their local public school by completing the Application to enrol in a NSW Government school form. In accordance with DoE policy, the school will seek proof of address, in determining if a student is a local enrolment.

Residential address check: Proof of address of student’s parents of 100 points is required.

The following documents must show the full name of the child's parent.

Only one of (i.e. no additional points for additional documents): 40 points

Council rates notice
Lease agreement through a registered real estate agent for a period of at least 6 months or rental board bond receipt.
Exchanged contract of sale with settlement to occur within the applicable school year

Any of the following: 20 point each

Private rental agreement for a period of at least 6 months
Centrelink payment statement showing home address
Electoral roll statement

Any of the following documents: 15 points each

Electricity or gas bill showing the service address*
Water bill showing the service address*
Telephone or internet bill showing the service address*
Drivers licence or government issued ID showing home address*
Home building or home contents insurance showing the service address
Motor vehicle registration or compulsory third party insurance policy showing home address
Statutory declaration stating the child’s residential address, how long they have lived there, and any supporting information or documentation of this
*up to three months old

Medical Documents:

Documents that confirm medical conditions experienced by the student and a current medical plan from a General Practitioner. This includes Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Allergies and all serious medical conditions. The Department of Education requires parents to provide full disclosure of all medical conditions. Parents must contact the school to discuss medical conditions and appropriate documentation.

Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Local Enrolment Buffer:

Within the enrolment cap, a buffer is set aside for the enrolment of local students throughout the year. Places in the local enrolment buffer are not offered to non-local students. The local enrolment buffer for Oakhill Drive PS is reviewed annually, set by the Principal and approved by the Director.

Non-local enrolment:

A non-local enrolment is a student whose permanent residence is beyond the designated local area. Parents or caregivers living outside the schools designated local area may apply to enrol their child at the school. The out-of-area enrolment application form is developed by the school and requires the applicant to address the selection criteria and provide supporting documentation. 

Non-local enrolment applications are considered when the school can accommodate the child below the enrolment buffer level. In determining whether the school can accommodate a child the selection panel considers:

Criteria for non-local enrolment in order of priority is as follows:

1.       Sibling already enrolled at the school

2.       Medical reasons and student wellbeing

3.       Safety and supervision of the student before and after school

4.       Compassionate circumstances

5.       Proximity and access to the school

6.       Structure and organisation of the school​

The school enrolment panel will consider each non-local enrolment based on the above criteria. The enrolment panel consists of:

  •                 Deputy Principal who will chair the panel
  •                 Teacher nominated by the Principal
  •                 School community member nominated by the school’s P&C

The established criteria will be applied equitably to all applicants. The school will notify parents of the result of their application.

A waiting list will be created for non-local students who are not offered a position which will be valid during the current intake only. Parents will be advised if their child is placed on the waiting list and his/her position on it.

Unsuccessful non-local applicants may appeal against the decision of the panel. The appeal must be made in writing. The Principal will consider any appeals made in relation to decisions from the Enrolment Panel. The purpose of appeals is to determine whether the stated criteria have been applied equitably.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

We can help you with your enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year. If your son or daughter is currently enrolled in a NSW public school, contact us to discuss the enrolment procedures and obtain the necessary paperwork. Alternatively, complete an application to enrol in a NSW public school form and return it to the school. We will notify you of the result of your application.

Please note that this application form must be completed in English. Help is available for parents who do not read English. There are translations of the enrolment application, which may help you fill out the form in English. In addition, if your child has a temporary visa or visitor visa you will need to apply to enrol by contacting the temporary residents program. If you have an enrolment appointment you will need to bring these documents with you to your appointment.

  • your child's birth certificate or identity documents

  • proof of student's address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill

  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)

  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

If your child is not a permanent resident, you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents

  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable).

If your child has special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, it's important that you tell the principal about these before your child starts school.

Specific boundaries define whether or not you can enrol at ODPS. If you are unsure whether you are in area, please speak to our office staff. Out of area placements may be accepted subject to availability. Please contact the school for more details or view the boundary map (PDF 126KB) for the boundaries.